Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ta Da!!!! New blog - about my jewelry and how I became a jewelry artist







I have my own blog. This is all new for me. Here is a little about me, so we can get to know each other a little better.

How I came to be a jewelry artist...
-------------------------------------------------




I have been making jewelry for 17 years, since I was 20 years old. I had happened into my first bead store while on vacation in Santa Cruz, CA. I fell immediately in love. The glass, clay, porcelain, metal, pearl, and shell beads overwhelmed me. I had no idea how to make any jewelry, but I bought some African trade beads and some leather, and some clasps. My first attempts were rather simple, but I was hooked. I am a completely self taught jewelry artist. I read all the books I could get my hands on, and later I searched the internet. I find great pleasure in making jewelry and I hope you find great pleasure in wearing my one of a kind treasures.

--------------------------------------------------
A little about me...
--------------------------------------------------

I grew up in a small town in California, USA. I actually lived just outside of town, in the country. We had dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, wild turkeys, wild coyotes, some quail and pheasant. Oh, and we had grapes, lots and lots of grapes. That's how my parents paid for our large family, all seven of us. I admit I was spoiled, with pretty , girly things - I was the firstborn girl, and apparently, my mom was waiting for me for quite a while. This is where I learned to love and appreciate pretty things, including jewelry. So you see, I really never stood a chance. I was born to appreciate pretty things. Eventually I made my own pretty things.

--------------------------------------------------
My Jewelry
--------------------------------------------------

I make all my jewelry by hand with pliers and wire, chain, beads, and stones. I don't solder anything, it is all securely wrapped in wire. I sit at the work table and look over all my beads, and there are many, and just let the inspiration strike. I start dreaming up the jewelry and before you know it, I have a beautiful necklace, or bracelet, or one of many other beautiful things. I love to do custom work.
--------------------------------------------------
Check Me Out....
--------------------------------------------------
Find me on Etsy here.

Find me on Facebook here

Find me on Twitter here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come check out Dream Again Jewelry on Etsy here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DreamAgainJewelry